The Echinacea Project is supported by the National Science Foundation. Any opinions, findings and conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this website are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.
NSF grant award numbers, click for more information:
Jean and Dwight Wagenius have supported this research project from the beginning.
In 2007 the National Geographic Society’s Committee for Research and Exploration supported The Echinacea Project’s investigations of movement of pollinating insects.
The Echinacea Project was established by Stuart Wagenius as his dissertation research project. His research was supported by awards from:
- The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources in 2001.
- The United States Fish and Wildlife Service in 2001
- The Department of Ecology, Evolution & Behavior, University of Minnesota in 2000.
- The Center for Community Genetics, University of Minnesota in 1995 – 2000.
- The Dayton-Wilkie Natural History Fund of the Bell Museum of Natural History in 1995 – 1999.